Health Related Clubs & Volunteering
HEALTH-RELATED CLUB INFORMATION
THERE ARE ROUGHLY 11,000 PRE-HEALTH STUDENTS. IS YOUR CLUB INFO UP-TO-DATE?
Club Representatives: Please complete this online form to update or add your club information.
- Delta Delta Sigma (DDS) Pre-Dental Club: Delta Delta Sigma (DDS) is the perfect club for anyone who is considering dentistry as a career. Membership will give you access to unique dental opportunities, help navigating the process of applying to dental school and provide a network of fellow pre-dental students amongst many other benefits. For more information about DDS, please send us an email or follow us on Instagram! Contact Trisha Crawford, club president, for more information: email@example.com.
- Global Dental Brigades Global Dental Brigades (GDB) is a student-led organization that focuses primarily on the oral issues that communities in Panama and Honduras currently face due to limited access to dental care and education. We address oral issues through immediate dental care, preventative treatments and education. During the brigade, we set up a mobile dental clinic to provide immediate services such as extractions for those oral cases that have surpassed the level of restoration. We reemphasize the importance of oral health through education in order to break the cycle of continuous decay. This educational portion of the program plays the most sustainable role for the communities we visit. Email contact is firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with us on Facebook.
- Operation Smile Club helps give free reconstructive surgeries to children world-wide. For more information about club meetings and events for this year, connect with us on Facebook.
- P.A.I.N. UA Pre-Nursing Club. The University of Arizona Pre-Nursing Club, Professional Achievements in Nursing (P.A.I.N.), helps pre-nursing students to meet each other and come together to participate in volunteer, service, social, and fundraising activities. Connect with us through Facebook.
- AED Club (Alpha Epsilon Delta). AED is a pre-health honorary open to any students interested in pursuing a health field; as such, Alpha Epsilon Delta has a diverse range of students who are interested in various health fields such as medicine, pharmacy, nursing, physical therapy, and many others. Visit our website or contact AED by email or at email@example.com.
- American Medical Student Association. We have meetings roughly every 1st, 3rd, and 5th (when applicable) Thursday of each month, where members from the local medical community speak. This semester, our speakers include surgeons, pediatricians, possibly current medical students, medical lawyers, dieticians, etc. Pre-med students can direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information can be found at the AMSA website at or in this AMSA brochure.
- The Cardiology Outreach Organization. The Cardiology Outreach Organization is a club for pre-med students to get prepared for medical school as well as help prevent obesity related diseases in our community. Connect with us on Facebook. Club email: email@example.com
- Chicanos and Latinos for Community Medicine. Interested? Email Juan Arturo Siordia.
- F.A.C.E.S. in the Health Professions (Fostering and Achieving Cultural Equity and Sensitivity) is a pre-health club focused on aiding underserved populations. Meetings and activities consist of guest speakers, medical skills clinics, volunteering trips to Nogales, Sonora, and much more! Faces meets every other Thursday at 5:30pm in the College of Medicine room 2117. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org and check us out on Facebook or Instagram.
- FLYING SAMARITANS Club. Flying Samaritans is a medical service club on campus that makes monthly trips to Agua Prieta, Mexico to set up a free clinic for underprivileged residents. We travel internationally by having a few volunteers drive across the border (2 hour drive). You will have a wonderful opportunity to attend some of these clinics and volunteer as a translator, triage, or shadow the doctors that we bring along! ALL majors are welcome and fluency in Spanish is not required but greatly appreciated! Our club incorporates components including epidemiology, pharmacy, shadowing doctors, preventative public health education, taking vitals, dentistry, and interpreting. Contact: email@example.com or visit our Facebook Page.
- Future Health Leaders Alliance The first goal of FHLA is to provide a deeper level of insight into the health fields that our members have interest in. To accomplish this goal, FHLA will provide numerous shadowing experiences for its members to take advantage of. The second goal is to allow members to develop and enhance important basic skills utilized in the medical field (i.e. CPR/suture trainings, etc.). The purpose of this organization is not only to provide members with valuable experiences, but also to empower each member to grow as an individual and as a future health leader. Expectations of members include taking initiative when opportunities arise, being innovative and sharing ideas, and being proactive and engaged during events. For further information, contact Future Health Leaders Alliance.
- Med Mentors. The Undergraduate Director of MedMentors can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MedCats Club Medcats is a pre-health organization for University of Arizona whose goal is to provide you with information and resources to make you the best applicant possible for med school. We meet bi-weekly on Tuesdays at 7pm, in Modern Languages 306. Connect with us on here.
- Minority Association of Pre-Medical Students (MAPS): MAPS is part of a national organization called the Student National Medical Association (SNMA). Our club endeavors to support the current and future underrepresented minorities pursing a pre-health profession. MAPS is committed to addressing the needs of the underserved at the University of Arizona and increasing the number of academically excellent, culturally competent, and socially conscious pre-healthcare professionals. Our club is all-inclusive and open to anyone pursuing a career in medicine.
- Mobile MediCats. Mobile MediCats operates as a student-run mobile clinic under the oversight of the Tucson Non-Profit Dequenesh. We will provide whatever care we can legally as we travel around Tucson to help those who are not quite as fortunate as us. Email us and/or connect with us on Facebook.
- The Music and Medicine Club integrates a volunteer-based musical program into the hospitals and medical facilities in the Tucson area. If you are a musician interested in health-related careers, send an email to Amit Syal or Gabe Schirn with your name and musical talent. InvolveUA site.
- Naturopaths without Borders UA-NWB's mission it to provide Naturopathic health care to impoverished communities, while empowering those communities through education, supporting growth and cultivating sustainable resources. Connect with us on Facebook or through our InvolveUA site.
- University EMS is a Student Organization dedicated to serving the UA Campus by providing medical care to its students. Questions? Email us or visit us at our website. Connect with us through Facebook (Instagram and Twitter are also /universityems)
Vive Peru is volunteer organization that helps provide medical care to various areas of Peru. Volunteers spend their time working with physicians, shadowing surgeons, and working with community members to improve health and hygiene. For more information about the programs offered by Vive Peru, please email email@example.com or visit http://www.viveperu.org/hola/
Pre-Pharmacy Club: The Pre-Pharmacy Club is a student organization for undergraduates who plan to pursue careers in pharmacy. The club's mission is to provide resources and opportunities to introduce undergraduates to the world of pharmacy and seeks to help its members become the most qualified applicants to the PharmD program. Learn more at our website.
Pre-Physician Assistant Honorary: Are you interested in becoming a Physician Assistant? We now have a club just for students considering careers as Physician Assistants! For more information or to join the club, please contact Jess Penners at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-Veterinary Club: Our mission is to expose members to the wide variety of opportunities in the animal and veterinary fields. Additionally, we work to provide hands on experience for members with different types of animals ranging from small to large animals. Come join us every Tuesday night at 7pm in the Marley building room 230 for guest speakers. Also, check out our Facebook page.
Arizona Global Health Project: We work to educate and involve UA students on matters of public health. We also involved students in global health initiatives through international relief projects. Check out our website and contact us at email@example.com.
A Moment of Magic: The goal is to reach out to as many children diagnosed with illnesses as we can. The primary way we do this is by dressing up as princesses and visiting children in our local hospitals! Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Camp Kesem at U of A. Our mission is to support children through and beyond their parent's cancer with innovative, fun-filled programs that foster a lasting community. Join us by emailing email@example.com or by going onto our Facebook page.
- Global Medical Brigades is a volunteer organization offering travel to Honduras and Panama to provide free medical care in underserved populations. We also strive to create a presence in the local Tucson community by participating in various volunteer projects as well. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To get on the listserv, email the secretary email@example.com.
- Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA): Future Health Professionals is a national student organization that promotes career opportunities in the health care industry. Students of all majors are welcome, especially those interested in leadership, community service, competitive events, scholarships, internships, and much more. For more information visit us on Facebook.
- Medical Directives is a student-driven organization focused on helping first-generation pre-health and undergraduate students on their route to graduate or professional school by giving each student a mentor that will guide them through the process, as well as provide several opportunities to enhance their application. Email if interested: UAMedialDirective@gmail.com or find us on social media at @uamedicaldirective on Instagram and @medicaldirectiveuatucson on Facebook.
- MEDLIFE is a national organization that provides free healthcare and education to low income families in third-world countries. A chapter was created here at the University of Arizona to get more motivated, pre-health students involved in volunteer projects abroad. For more Information, visit our website, connect through Facebook or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mex-Zona Want to gain clinical experience? Reach the underserved? Volunteer in Mexico? Mex-Zona is a student club focused on supporting the community in Rocky Point, Sonora, Mexico. We shadow medical providers once a month for a weekend in Rocky Point. Students will have the opportunity to shadow physicians or work triage depending on their Spanish proficiency. It is NOT a requirement to know Spanish in order to join or participate in the clinic! Our club works best for pre-med, pre-nursing and pre-pharmacy students but anyone is welcome. To join the listserv and get involved, send your name, phone number and year in school to Diego Garcia at email@example.com and/or Yassin Hamzaoui at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Muralcles is a UA service club starting its 13th year on campus! We provide a healing environment for hospitalized pediatric patients and the children of underprivileged communities through art, music, laughter and service. If you have any questions email us at email@example.com.
- Neuroscience & Cognitive Science Ambassadors (NSCS Ambassadors) The aim of the NSCS Ambassadors is to provide academic and professional development resources to NSCS students, promote the major to prospective students, and organize events that foster a strong NSCS community. Involve UA website: https://arizona.collegiatelink.net/organization/NSCS-Ambassadors
- Neuroscience & Cognitive Science Association of Students (NSCSAS) Join a community of students who are passionate about the brain! NSCSAS hosts activities that allow students to explore different fields of Neuroscience & Cognitive Science. We also engage and inform the community about Neuroscience and Cognitive Science. Students from all majors are welcome, including student who are pre-majors in NSCS. To join this group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nu Rho Psi - Alpha in Arizona (NRP) Nu Rho Psi is the national honor society in neuroscience. The purpose of Nu Rho Psi is to encourage excellence in scholarship in neuroscience, promote career development, engage in outreach, and to serve our community. Involve UA website: https://arizona.collegiatelink.net/organization/nu-rho-psi
- Nutritional Health Awareness. Email: email@example.com
- Nutritional Sciences Club: a student-run club dedicated to personal and professional development of students interested in nutrition. Through volunteer opportunities, guest speakers, professional conference attendance, and social events, the Nutritional Sciences Club offers student members unique experiences related to professions in nutrition and health. For more information, request access to the club Facebook page. Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/arizonanutrition/
- Physiology Club: is for all those who are interested in the study of the human body and its function, not just those in the Physiology major. The club is geared towards students who are pre-health majors looking to go into medicine, pharmacy, dental, optometry, physical therapy, nursing, and other fields! We bring in speakers every meeting that can range from doctors, medical students, masters students, faculty here on campus, nurses, and even trauma surgeons from the UMC Trauma Center! In addition, we host philanthropy events, social events, fundraising, clinical events, and physiology events for our students. Website
- Pre-Health APAMSA (Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association) seeks to promote health for Asian and Pacific Islander communities and individuals, as well as other communities of color, through community action and health education. The diversity of Asian communities in Tucson necessitates elevating awareness of and addressing unmet health needs specific to each community. Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org and our website is facebook.com/uaapamsa
- Project G.I.V.E. (Goals, Inspirations, Values, and Education). Contact email@example.com with any questions.
- Project Sunshine. Project Sunshine is nonprofit organization that provides free educational, recreational, and social programs to children and families living with medical challenges. The UA Project Sunshine club volunteers with children at Diamond Children’s Hospital and Children's Clinic at TMC to bring fun games, crafts, and activities to the children staying there. If you have any questions about the UA Chapter of Project Sunshine, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with us on Facebook.
- Student Health Activist Society (SHAS) contact Aaron Harvey or Sam Timm for more information
- Timmy Global Health The Timmy Global Health Chapter at the University of Arizona works with the Timmy Global Health nonprofit organization to address global health disparities, primarily in Latin American countries, through student involvement and professional collaboration. The focus is to use service, fundraising, and advocacy to educate the community on global health disparities through supporting sustainable, efficient projects around the world, but it is also aimed to empower the next generation of healthcare professionals and leaders to continue the fight for global health equity. This club is open to any student from the University of Arizona from any discipline. For more information, please email email@example.com.
- UA VIDA Club. The UA VIDA club provides training and fundraising opportunities to those interested in volunteering in Central America as part of the VIDA volunteer organization. VIDA provides free health, dental, and animal care to rural areas in Central America. Connect with us through Facebook.
- Women in Medicine and Science (WIMS) is a student-led organization that advocates for women’s advancement and leadership in medically related fields and the sciences to ensure the successful participation of women in roles within medicine and science. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and/or see their website.
Use this PDF to find links to volunteer websites for many local hospitals, clinics and other healthcare organizations