Signature Events & Programs
The A Center Pre-Health Professions Advisors engage with pre-health professions students at The University of Arizona through many events and programs each year. Read more about our signature events and programs below.
Pre-Health Information Blast
This event helps students learn what it takes to apply to health professions schools by engaging directly with admissions professionals, current health professionals or health professional students, professors and more.
2021 Pre-Health Information Blast occurred on November 20th. The recordings for each session are posted below.
2021 PANEL RECORDINGS
- Introduction & Keynote Speaker
- Clinical & Volunteer Opportunities Panel
- Getting to Know Faculty Panel
- Health Professions Students Panel
- Including medicine, pharmacy, Dental, PA, OT and PT
- Admissions Professional Panel
- Including medicine, pharmacy, naturopathic medicine, PA, PT and other professions
- Blast Panel for Transfer Students
Health Professions Expo
This event helps students engage with health professional schools around the country and throughout Arizona. Students will also learn about different elements of the health profession application process. In 2022, the event will be held virtually.
2022 PANEL RECORDINGS
- Arizona Health Professions Admissions Panel - Medical Schools
- Featuring UArizona College of Medicine - Tucson, UArizona College of Medicine - Phoenix, UArizona College of Veterinary Medicine, A.T. Still School of Osteopathic Medicine Arizona, Creighton University School of Medicine Arizona
- Arizona Health Professions Admissions Panel - Nursing & Pharmacy
- Featuring UArizona College of Nursing & The Coit College of Pharmacy
- Keynote Address with Dr Dan Derksen, MD: Opportunities for Health Professions Education & Return on Your Investment
- Out of State Medical School Admissions Panel
- Featuring The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Carver College of Medicine at The University of Iowa, Harvard Medical School, Keck School of Medicine at USC, The University of Michigan Medical School, Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine, The University of Colorado School of Medicine & The Mayo Alix School of Medicine Arizona
- Gaining Rural Health Experience Panel
- Featuring representatives from Arizona INMED, UArizona Mobile Health Unit, FACES Conversantes, FRONTERA, BLAISER, NACP and more
- Health Professions Student Panel on Diversity
- Featuring panelists from veterinary medicine, allopathic medicine (MD), dental medicine, & podiatric medicine
- Health Professions General Student Panel
- Featuring panelists from veterinary medicine, allopathic medicine (MD), osteopathic medicine (DO), dental medicine, podiatric medicine, occupational therapy, physical therapy, & pharmacy
Pre-Health Ambassadors Program
This program trains students interested in a health profession to speak to prospective students and parents about the opportunities at the University of Arizona for pre-health students. Students in the program help host events and build a variety of skills.
The application will open again next year in February 2023 for our ambassador program for the following year.
PRE-HEALTH AMBASSADORS WORKSHOP SERIES
- Pre-Health Interviewing Techniques Workshop September 15, 2021: View Recording Here
- MCAT Preparation Basics Workshop October 6, 2021: View Recording Here / View the Powerpoint Slides Here
- Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP) & Other Summer Program Workshop December 1, 2021. Learn more about SHPEP and other summer programs for pre-health professions students. View Recording Here / View the Powerpoint Slides Here
- Health Professions Personal Statement Workshop March 16, 2022. 4 - 5pm. Zoom. View recording here when ready. View the Recording Here / View the Powerpoint Slides & Resources Here
- AMCAS Application Walkthrough April 20, 2022. Details & RSVP available here closer to the date. View the Recording Here / View the Powerpoint Slides & Transcripts Handout Here
Patient Experience (PX) Internship Program
This program gives students interested in a health profession the opportunity to work in a patient experience role in a unit at Banner University Medical Center (BUMC).
The application for this program opens in February each year.
The application for the Fall 2022 & Spring 2023 internship has closed. The new cohort has already been selected.
Read more about the internship and the application in the PDF below.