The A Center Pre-Health Professions Advisors engage with pre-health professions students at The University of Arizona through many events and programs each year. Read more about our signature events and programs below.
PRE-HEALTH INFORMATION BLAST
This event helps students learn what it takes to apply to health professions schools by engaging directly with admissions professionals, current health professionals or health professional students, professors and more.
2021 Pre-Health Information Blast occurred on November 20th. The recordings for each session are posted below.
2021 PANEL RECORDINGS
- Introduction & Keynote Speaker
- Clinical & Volunteer Opportunities Panel
- Getting to Know Faculty Panel
- Health Professions Students Panel
- Including medicine, pharmacy, Dental, PA, OT and PT
- Admissions Professional Panel
- Including medicine, pharmacy, naturopathic medicine, PA, PT and other professions
- Blast Panel for Transfer Student
Health Professions Expo
This event helps students engage with health professional schools around the country and throughout Arizona. Students will also learn about different elements of the health profession application process. In 2022, the event will be held virtually.
2022 PANEL RECORDINGS
- Arizona Health Professions Admissions Panel - Medical Schools
- Featuring UArizona College of Medicine - Tucson, UArizona College of Medicine - Phoenix, UArizona College of Veterinary Medicine, A.T. Still School of Osteopathic Medicine Arizona, Creighton University School of Medicine Arizona
- Arizona Health Professions Admissions Panel - Nursing & Pharmacy
- Featuring UArizona College of Nursing & The Coit College of Pharmacy
- Keynote Address with Dr Dan Derksen, MD: Opportunities for Health Professions Education & Return on Your Investment
- Out of State Medical School Admissions Panel
- Featuring The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Carver College of Medicine at The University of Iowa, Harvard Medical School, Keck School of Medicine at USC, The University of Michigan Medical School, Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine, The University of Colorado School of Medicine & The Mayo Alix School of Medicine Arizona
- Gaining Rural Health Experience Panel
- Featuring representatives from Arizona INMED, UArizona Mobile Health Unit, FACES Conversantes, FRONTERA, BLAISER, NACP and more
- Health Professions Student Panel on Diversity
- Featuring panelists from veterinary medicine, allopathic medicine (MD), dental medicine, & podiatric medicine
- Health Professions General Student Panel
- Featuring panelists from veterinary medicine, allopathic medicine (MD), osteopathic medicine (DO), dental medicine, podiatric medicine, occupational therapy, physical therapy, & pharmacy
PRE-HEALTH ambassadors program
This program trains students interested in a health profession to speak to prospective students and parents about the opportunities at the University of Arizona for pre-health students. Students in the program help host events and build a variety of skills.
The application will open again next year in February 2024 for our ambassador program for the following year.
PRE-HEALTH AMBASSADORS WORKSHOP SERIES
- Pre-Health Interviewing Techniques Workshop September 15, 2021: View Recording Here
- MCAT Preparation Basics Workshop October 6, 2021: View Recording Here / View the Powerpoint Slides Here
- Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP) & Other Summer Program Workshop December 1, 2021. Learn more about SHPEP and other summer programs for pre-health professions students. View Recording Here / View the Powerpoint Slides Here
- Health Professions Personal Statement Workshop March 16, 2022. 4 - 5pm. Zoom. View recording here when ready. View the Recording Here / View the Powerpoint Slides & Resources Here
- AMCAS Application Walkthrough April 20, 2022. Details & RSVP available here closer to the date. View the Recording Here / View the Powerpoint Slides & Transcripts Handout Here
Patient Experience (PX) Volunteer Program
This program gives students interested in a health profession the opportunity to gain clinical experience in a unit at Banner University Medical Center (BUMC).
The Fall 2023 & Spring 2024 application for this program is now open. Make sure to read the application thoroughly to learn more about the program. Please note that the program has changed and will no longer yield internship credit.
Who should apply?
The Patient Experience (PX) Volunteer Program is a patient contact experience, designed for students intending to apply to health professional programs who have completed at least one year of UArizona (by the program starts in the Fall 2023) or who have transferred to UAZ from another college/university. There is no preference given for applicant's particular career path within the health professions.
Access the application here.