Signature Events & Programs
The A Center Pre-Health Professions Advisors engage with pre-health professions students at The University of Arizona through many events and programs each year. Read more about our signature events and programs below.
Pre-Health Information Blast
This event helps students learn what it takes to apply to health professions schools by engaging directly with admissions professionals, current health professionals or health professional students, professors and more.
2021 Pre-Health Information Blast occurred on November 20th from 9am - noon. The recording will be posted here as soon as possible.
EVENT SCHEDULE INCLUDED
Introduction & Keynote Speaker
Clinical & Volunteer Opportunities Panel
Getting to Know Faculty Panel
Health Professions Students Panel - Including medicine, pharmacy, Dental, PA, OT and PT
Admissions Panel - Including medicine, pharmacy, naturopathic medicine, PA, PT and other professions
Health Professions Expo & Health Professions Week
This event helps students engage with health professional schools around the country and the world by bringing up to 100 schools to campus to visit. Workshops and other opportunities are provided throughout the week and on the day of the main event as students prepare for their health professional applications.
2022 Health Professions Expo will occur in late February 2022. Details & the RSVP will appear here closer to that date.
Pre-Health Ambassadors Program
This program trains students interested in a health profession to speak to prospective students and parents about the opportunities at the University of Arizona for pre-health students. Students in the program help host events and build a variety of skills.
PRE-HEALTH AMBASSADORS WORKSHOP SERIES
- Pre-Health Interviewing Techniques Workshop September 15, 2021: View Recording Here
- MCAT Preparation Basics Workshop October 6, 2021: View Recording Here / View the Powerpoint Slides Here
- Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP) & Other Summer Program Workshop December 1, 2021. Learn more about SHPEP and other summer programs for pre-health professions students. View Recording Here When Ready (Soon) / View the Powerpoint Slides Here
- Health Professions Personal Statement Workshop TBD. Likely in March. Details & RSVP available here closer to the date.
- AMCAS Application Walkthrough TBD. Likely in April. Details & RSVP available here closer to the date.
Patient Experience (PX) Internship Program
This program gives students interested in a health profession the opportunity to work in a patient experience role in a unit at Banner University Medical Center (BUMC).
The application for this program opens in February each year.
The application for the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 Internship has closed.
Read more about the internship and application in the PDF below.